300 ml fresh cream / thickened cream
90 gm caster sugar
finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon, plus grated rind for decoration
1 tsp cornflour
4 tbsp water
200 gm blueberries
- In a saucepan, add the cream and 75 gm sugar and heat on low flame gently, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Then increase the heat and bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and add half the finely grated lemon rind and the lemon juice and stir continuously for 1 minute, until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Pour this into 8-10 shot glasses and then leave to cool.
- Put the remaining sugar and finely grated lemon rind into a smaller saucepan.
- Stir in the cornflour and then gradually mix in the water until smooth.
- Add half of the blueberries, then place over a medium heat and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes until they are starting to soften and the sauce thicken.
- Remove this blueberry compote from the heat, stir in the remaining blueberries and then leave to cool.
- Cover the glasses and blueberry compote with cling film, then transfer to the fridge for 1-2 hours or until set.
- When ready to serve, stir the blueberries and then spoon them into the glasses and decorate with the grated lemon rind.
Recipe adapted from Cookbook Mini Delights..