1/2 cup badam/ almonds
2 cups milk
3-4 tbsp sugar ( add to your taste)
a pinch of saffron
2 cardamom, crushed
- Soak almonds in hot water for 1/2 an hour. Peel off the skin of almonds and then grind to a smooth paste adding little milk and keep it aside.
- Soak saffron in 2 tbsp of warm milk and keep it aside.
- Boil remaining milk in a thick bottomed pan. Add ground almond paste and mix well.
- Add sugar, mix well and cook on low flame for 5-6 minutes until it slightly thickens.
- Add crushed cardamom and soaked saffron to this and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve it chilled or serve warm..