1 puff pastry sheet, cut into 6 squares
3 hard boiled eggs
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 small tomato, chopped (1-2 tsp tomato sauce)
1/4-1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
5-6 curry leaves, chopped
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
1 beaten egg for brushing
- Thaw the puff pastry sheet at room temperature. Cut the hard boiled eggs into halves and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and salt and saute until onion turns golden.
- Add chopped green chilli, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add chopped tomato to this and saute till soft.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and garam masala, mix well and saute till oil separates on top.Remove it from the flame.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius. Grease a baking tray with oil or line it with aluminium foil/ parchment paper.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and cut into 6 squares.
- Add little of the prepared onion masala on each pastry square and place an egg half on top of it.
- Apply little water on sides of the pastry sheet and fold/ cover the egg with the sides of the pastry sheet and seal by pressing the edges together.
- Arrange the folded puff pastries on a greased baking tray and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the puffs turn golden brown on top. Serve with tea..
Uff…my stomach is growling looking at it…so tempting…