1 cup rava/ semolina
2 cups water
1 tsp ghee (optional)
salt to taste
- In a saucepan, boil 2 cups of water adding enough salt.
- When the water starts boiling, add rava by stirring continuously and mix well using a wooden spoon on low flame till they thickens and the water completely evaporates.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down for sometime.
- Knead the dough to a soft and smooth dough adding little ghee and make small balls out of it.
- Then place each ball in a pathiri press between two plastic covers and press it to a thin round shape or press it by applying little oil. ( You can also roll them into small rounds using a rolling pin by sprinkling rice flour).
- Heat a pan on medium heat and place the pathiri on it and cook for 10 sec on one side and then flip it over and cook the other side.
- Flip it over again and when it puff up remove from the pan.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining balls …..Serve hot with any curry of your choice….
looks fabulous and the pathiri recipe is in my to do list.will sure try this one
Pathiri with rava sounds new… good share…