1 1/2 cup plain flour/ maida
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
100 gm unsalted butter
1 cup sugar, powdered
3-4 tbsp strawberry crush / puree
1/4-1/2 tsp pink food colour
1/4-1/2 tsp strawberry essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line the baking tray with parchment paper/ baking paper.
- In a bowl, sift the plain flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt together.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar using electric beater until soft and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time and then add strawberry crush / puree and mix well.
- Add pink food colour and mix well. Then add strawberry essence and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour to this mixture and mix well.
- Drop by 1/2 tsp of cookie batter to the prepared baking tray, leaving some space between each drop of batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes…Enjoy!!!
- To prepare the strawberry puree, chop strawberries coarsely and blend until smooth.
- When you take the cookie out of the oven, it may be slightly soft at the centre. But as it cools it would become crispy. This cookie is soft inside and crispy outside….
Recipe adapted from here…
Lovely cookies… easy to make too…
wow perfectly baked strawberry coookies . I love strawberry flavored cookies a lot .. You cookies have come out so well dear 🙂
Yummy cookies….. 🙂
Tempting cookies…I want some for my tea