1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
- Wash the strawberries and pat dry them using a kitchen towel and then chop into pieces.
- In a blender, add the chopped strawberries and blend them to a fine paste.
- Then strain the puree to remove the seeds by moving a spoon inside the strainer and transfer this juice to a pan.
- Then blend again the strawberry pulp on the strainer with 1/2 cup of water, strain it and add with the juice in the pan.
- Add the sugar with this strawberry puree and boil in low flame and reduce to form a syrup.
- When the syrup starts to boil, it become frothy and pale red to orange colour. Once it starts to thicken the frothiness disappear and changes to bright red colour by constant stirring.
- Switch off the flame when it starts to form thread by checking the consistency by touching the warm syrup in between fingers. ( Don’t overcook the syrup, it will thickens while cooling . So remove it just before one thread consistency.)
- Allow the syrup to cool and transfer in an airtight container and refrigerate. It is used as a topping for desserts or to prepare milkshake, lemonade etc..
Recipe adapted from here…..