8-10 bread slices
1 large banana/ nendrapazham
1/2-3/4 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
8 cashew nuts, chopped
1 tbsp ghee
bread crumbs as required
- Peel and chop banana into small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add the grated coconut and saute for 2 minutes and keep it aside.
- Then in the same pan, add the chopped banana and fry till it turns soft and golden in colour on medium flame.
- Add grated coconut, fried cashew nuts, raisins, sugar and cardamom powder to this and mix well.
- Remove it from the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Cut the sides/ crust of the bread slices. Dip a bread slice in water just for a second and squeeze it very well between the palms.
- Place 1 tbsp of the prepared banana filling in the bread slice and fold/ roll it and press the edges to seal properly. Repeat the same process with other slices of bread.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Dip each bread roll in this beaten egg and then roll it in the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the rolls at medium flame until golden brown. Serve hot with tea/ coffee..
- You can also flatten/ roll the bread using a rolling pin to make thin.