100 gm plain chocolate, broken into pieces
2 puff pastry sheets
25 gm unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp caster sugar
1- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Put the chocolate pieces into a heatproof bowl and place it over a saucepan of gently simmering water and heat until melted.
- Remove it from the heat, stir until smooth and then leave to cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon powder in a small bowl and keep it aside.
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets and place on a board. Brush the surface of sheets with some of the melted butter and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Then spread the cooled chocolate all over the buttered pastry. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar (step 3) over the chocolate.
- Roll up the pastry, from one long side then brush all over with more of the melted butter. Then chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius. Grease a cupcake tin with remaining melted butter.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the pastry roll into even sized rounds.. Place each round, cut side up, in a hole in the prepared cupcake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until risen and golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack….Serve warm or cold…