3-4 cups broccoli, cut into florets
1 cup boneless chicken, cut into small cubes
1/2-1 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup thick yoghurt
1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise
2-3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp mustard powder (optional)
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup spring onion, finely chopped
1/2-3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped each into 2 pieces
1/2 cup walnuts
salt to taste
- In a pan, boil water adding little salt. Add broccoli florets to this and boil for 2-3 minutes. Switch off and put the broccoli into the cold water taken in a bowl for 1 minute (blanching). Drain the water and keep it aside. ( or steam cook for 3-4 minutes).
- Cook the chicken pieces with pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt adding enough water and keep it aside.
- Prepare the salad dressing by mixing yoghurt, mayonnaise, sugar and mustard powder in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli, celery, spring onion and salad dressing and mix well and keep it in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- Then add cooked chicken, chopped cherry tomatoes and walnuts to this an hour before serving and mix well. Keep it in the refrigerator till ready to serve,..