2 cups kaima rice/ jeerakasala rice
1 cup moong dal/ cherupayar parippu/ split green gram
3 1/2-4 cups boiling water
1/2 kg chicken
1 onion, finely chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 tsp ginger, crushed
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1 tsp garam masala
1 1/2-2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
2 tbsp ghee
oil as required
- Roast the moong dal at medium flame for 4-5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Wash and drain the rice and mix it with roasted dal and keep it aside.
- Cut the chicken into very small pieces and marinate it with pepper powder and salt. Then fry them in the hot oil and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and saute the chopped onion, green chillies, tomato, crushed ginger and garlic.
- Add fried chicken pieces, enough salt and garam masala to this and mix well for 2-3 minutes and remove from the flame.
- Heat ghee and 2 tbsp oil in a thick bottomed pan and add the dal-rice mix and saute for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add boiling water and salt, mix well and cook covered on low flame till done.
- Then add the prepared chicken masala to this and mix well. Add chopped coriander leaves and cook covered for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot …