2 cups plain flour
1 1/4 cup castor sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
60 ml vinegar
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp baking soda
For Chocolate Coating:
350 gm icing sugar
60 gm cocoa powder
180 ml boiling water
2 cups of coloured sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree celcius. Lightly grease a lamington tin with butter and line it with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add the vinegar, oil and milk, whisking constantly and mix well.
- Pour the liquid ingredients (step 3) into the dry ingredients (step 2), and mix until just combined.
- Then pour the mix into the prepared lamington tin.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave aside to cool. Once the cake has completely cooled, cut into 4 cm cubes (25-30 cubes).
- To make the chocolate coating, combine the icing sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl and slowly whisk in the hot water, making sure there are no lumps.
- Put the sprinkles into a large, clean bowl.
- Dip the cake cubes into the chocolate coating, making sure they are covered well on all sides.
- Place the cubes onto a wire rack with tray underneath to drain the excess coating.
- After 4-5 minutes, roll the cubes in the sprinkles. Place the lamingtons on a tray and leave them in the fridge to set completely…