1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
1 1/2 tsp garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
3-4 green chillies, slit
1 cup grated coconut
1 big onion, sliced
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
3 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 1/2-2 tsp garam masala
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp oil
- In a pan, add the cleaned chicken pieces and cook it with ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt without adding water.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the grated coconut till golden brown. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool. Then grind it to a smooth paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add sliced onion, chopped ginger, garlic and curry leaves and saute well till onion turns transparent.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomato and saute well till soft.
- When oil separates. add the cooked chicken and 1/2 cup of water and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Then add the ground coconut paste , mix well and cook covered for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves..Serve hot with pathiri, neer dosa, chapati etc…