1 cup plain flour/ maida
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cashew nuts, chopped
1/4 cup raisins
3-4 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
a pinch of salt
- In a bowl, mix maida with salt. Add milk and little water to this and make a smooth loose batter and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add the eggs, sugar and cardamom powder and beat well and keep it aside.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan and add 1 tbsp ghee and roast cashew nuts and raisins till golden brown and keep it aside.
- Spread the ghee evenly on the same pan and pour 1/4 cup of the maida batter to make a layer and sprinkle some cashew nuts and raisins on top. Cover and cook it in low flame for few minutes.
- Once this is set, spread 1 tsp ghee on top of that and pour 1/4 cup of egg mixture to form the next layer and sprinkle some cashew nuts and raisins. Again, cook it covered on low flame till sets.
- Add 1 tsp ghee and pour the maida batter again on top. Repeat the layering alternatively till all the maida batter and egg mixture is used up, giving enough time to set each layer.
- On the top layer, sprinkle more cashew nuts and raisins and allow to cook for some more time at low flame.
- Once it is cooked, remove from the flame and keep it aside to cool. Then place it in a plate and cut into desired pieces and serve…
Recipe Source: Malabar Cookery by Thesnim Azeez