4-5 pink radish (1/2 cup), peeled and grated
1 ripe tomato, chopped
a small piece of tamarind
5-6 dry red chillies
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2-3 tsp oil
- Heat little oil in a pan and add grated radish and saute for 3-4 minutes at medium flame until it turns soft and the raw smell goes off.
- Add garlic, 4 dry red chillies and tamarind and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped tomato and saute well.
- Add coriander leaves and salt and stir well. Switch off the flame and allow to cool completely.
- Then grind it together to a smooth paste without adding water.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add 2 dry red chillies and curry leaves and fry and add this tempering over chutney…Mix well and serve with idli, dosa etc…