1 cup mulayari / bamboo rice
300 gm jaggery
3 cups thin coconut milk
1 cup thick coconut milk
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
3 tbsp sliced coconut
8-10 cashew nuts
2 tbsp ghee
- Wash and soak the bamboo rice in water for about 8-10 hours or overnight.
- Then pressure cook it adding 2-3 cups of water for 5-6 whistles until it turns soft.
- In a pan, melt the jaggery on low flame adding 1 cup of water, strain it and keep it aside.
- When pressure releases, open the cooker and add the jaggery syrup and mix well.
- Add thin coconut milk to this and mix well and cook till the payasam thickens, stirring in between.
- Then add the thick coconut milk and cardamom powder and simmer in low flame for 2 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and fry sliced coconut, cashew nuts and raisins till it turns golden brown. Add this to the payasam and mix…Serve warm…