1/2 kg semi ripe plantains/ nendrapazham
4 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup grated coconut
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp cashew nuts
2 tsp raisins
2 tsp white sesame seeds
2 tbsp ghee
oil for frying
- Cut the bananas/ plantains into pieces and steam cook until it turns soft.
- Remove its skin and mash/ grind into smooth dough without adding water.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and cardamom powder and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins. Remove them from the pan.
- In the same pan, add egg mixture and fried cashew nuts and scramble it well.
- Then add grated coconut to this and stir well for 2 minutes. Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
- Now oil the palm lightly and take a small ball of banana dough and flatten it on your palm.
- Place a spoon of egg-coconut filling in the middle and carefully seal the edges and roll each into balls.
- Then gently press them and using a toothpick, make lines on them in the shape of flowers.
- Place a fried raisin on top of each poovada and garnish with white sesame seeds.
11. Heat oil in a pan and fry them till golden color…Serve with tea or coffee 🙂