1/2 cup rava/ semolina
1 cup oats ( rolled oats)
1 medium carrot, grated
1 green chilly, seeds removed and finely chopped
1 tbsp curry leaves, finely chopped
1 cup yogurt/ curd
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
salt to taste
1/4 tsp eno/ fruit salt
water as required
2 tsp oil
- In a pan, dry roast the rava till golden and keep it aside.
- Then dry roast the oats in the same pan for 2 minutes till crisp and blend to a coarse powder like rava.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fry the urad dal.
- Add the grated carrot, chopped curry leaves and green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the roasted rava, oats, sauteed carrot mixture and salt and mix well.
- Then add the yogurt and mix well. Add in the required water and mix well till you get idli batter consistency. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the eno to the batter just before preparing the idli and mix well.
- Grease the idli moulds with little oil and pour the idli batter in the moulds.( Here I used triangle shaped idli moulds).