200 gm paneer, cubed
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
4-5 dry red chillies
1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 1/2 tsp pepper corns
1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
5 tbsp ghee
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat a pan and dry roast dry red chillies, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, pepper corns and coriander seeds at medium flame.
- Remove it from the flame and then grind this along with tomato, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt to a smooth paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan / kadai and fry the paneer cubes till golden at medium flame. Transfer it to a plate and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add curry leaves and fry. Add chopped onion and little salt and fry till it turns soft.
- Then add the ground masala paste and little water and cook until all the raw smell of the masala is gone and the ghee oozes out.
- Now add the fried paneer and roast till it turns dry and the masala is well coated with paneer cubes. Adjust the salt.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and switch off the flame…Serve hot…