300 Kunafa dough / Kataifi dough
4-5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 cup milk
1 tbsp cornflour
1/2 cup cream
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
For Sugar Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp pistachios, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a round baking tin with little butter and keep it ready.
- Shred the Kunafa dough with your hands. Add melted butter little by little to this until the whole dough is well combined with butter.
- In a pan, add the milk, corn flour and cream and heat it on low-medium flame,stirring continuously until it becomes smooth and thick paste. Remove it from the flame and keep it aside.
- Then layer half of the Kunafa dough in the greased baking tin and spread all over including the sides of the tin and press lightly with your hands.
- Pour the prepared milk -cream mixture over the kunafa base and spread evenly. Then top it with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover it with the remaining Kunafa dough and again press lightly to set it evenly.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 30-45 minutes, or till the top portion turns golden colour.
- To prepare the sugar syrup, bring to boil water and sugar in a sauce pan. When it starts to boil, add lemon juice and heat it at low-medium flame for another 6-8 minutes.
- Pour the prepared sugar syrup all over the baked Kunafa and leave it for about 10 minutes.