1 1/2 cup puttu podi / rice flour
1/4- 1/2 cup grated coconut
300-400 gm squid/ koonthal
2 onions, finely chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
few curry leaves
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp oil
- Clean and chop squid into very small pieces.
- Mix the puttupodi with little salt and add water little by little to the puttu podi till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and saute well until it turns transparent.
- Add chopped green chillies, curry leaves and ginger-garlic paste and saute well.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala to this and mix well for 1-2 minutes at low flame.
- Add the chopped squid and salt and mix well . Then cook it covered adding little water on medium flame until the squid is cooked and all the water dries up. Switch off the flame.
- To prepare puttu, take a puttu maker and layer it with 1 tbsp grated coconut first, then the squid masala and then the puttu podi as the third layer. Repeat the process, till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 2-3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot…