250 gm paneer, cubed
2 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
3/4 tsp garam masala
1 tsp crushed ginger
2 tbsp yoghurt
2 medium onions, chopped
1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic, crushed
2 big tomatoes
1/2 capsicum, cubed
1 1/2 tbsp kasuri methi
1/4 cup fresh cream
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
5 tbsp oil
- Marinate the paneer cubes with 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp crushed ginger, yoghurt and salt and keep it covered in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Grind tomatoes to make puree and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and toast/ stir fry the paneer cubes till light golden brown on all sides. Keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat 3 tbsp oil and add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the chopped onion and capsicum and saute till soft and slightly brown.
- Add crushed ginger-garlic to this and saute for few seconds.
- Add 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt to this and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Then add tomato puree, mix well and cook it for 4-5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup of water to this and cook till thick.
- Add 1/4 tsp garam masala, kasuri methi and fresh cream and mix well.
- Add the roasted paneer cubes and mix gently and cook it on low flame for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove it from the flame and serve with chapathi, naan etc…