1 1/2 kg chicken
1 bunch fresh methi leaves/ fenugreek leaves
2 tsp heaped kashmiri chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp heaped coriander powder
2 cup thick less sour yoghurt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 big onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped ( 1 1/2 tbsp ginger paste)
2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped ( 1 1/2 tbsp garlic paste)
8-10 green chillies, chopped
1 big piece cinnamon, chopped
1 bay leaf, chopped
1 big piece mace
2 black cardamoms
2 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
1/4 -1/2 cup fresh cream (optional)
- Clean and cut chicken into pieces. Grind tomatoes to make puree and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix kashmiri chilli powder and coriander powder with little water and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, add yoghurt, turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Add drained chicken pieces into this and mix well with hand and keep it aside for 30 minutes.Heat ghee and oil in a thick bottomed pan and ass cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, mace and black cardamom and fry.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chillies and mix well till its colour changes.
- Add sliced onions and saute well till golden. Add masala paste (step 2) and mix well till raw smell goes.
- Add tomato puree and saute well till raw smell goes and oil appears.
- Add chopped methi leaves and mix well for 5-8 minutes. Add little salt and mix well.
- Then add marinated chicken along with marinade and mix well.
- Add 1/2-3/4 cup water and mix well. Adjust the salt and cook covered till chicken is cooked.
- Open the lid and cook for 10 minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Add fresh cream and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve in a plate garnished with cream…