1/2 kg boneless salmon fillet, cut into pieces
2 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp fennel powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
2-4 tbsp melted butter / olive oil
2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
- Wash the fish fillets and allow it to drain and then pat dry using a paper towel.
- In a bowl, add chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, fennel powder, cumin powder, garlic, lemon juice and salt and make a paste by adding 2-3 tbsp of water. Keep it aside.
- Now brush half of the olive oil/ melted butter on the fish fillet and let it sit for about a minute.
- Then apply the marinade evenly on the fish fillets and refrigerate it for about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius and line the baking tray with aluminium foil. Remove any excess marinade from the fish fillets and place them in the baking tray.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes in the middle rack.
- Finally apply the rest of the oil/ butter on the fish fillets and grill it for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with some steamed vegetables and salad leaves…