3 cups basmati rice
4 1/2 cup boiling water
2 chicken breast
1 small capsicum
1 cup cabbage
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
spring onion, chopped
2 1/2-3 tsp pepper powder
2-3 tbsp soy sauce
salt to taste
oil as required
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add the drained rice and saute for a minute adding enough salt. Add boiling water into this, mix well and cook covered on low flame till done. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the chicken pieces, 1 tsp pepper powder and salt and cook it adding enough water.
- Shred the cooked chicken into pieces. Heat little oil in a pan and saute the shredded chicken till it turns light brown and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add eggs, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and salt and beat well. Heat little oil in a pan and pour the beaten egg and scramble it well and keep it aside.
- Cut carrot, beans, capsicum and cabbage lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add garlic and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped carrot, cabbage, beans and capsicum to this and saute till it turns soft.
- Then add fried shredded chicken, scrambled eggs, soy sauce, 1-1 1/2 tsp pepper powder, chopped spring onion and salt one after the other and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice to this and sprinkle little soy sauce and pepper powder and stir well on low flame till well combined.
- Heat it on low flame for about 6-8 minutes. Remove it from flame, garnish with spring onion and serve hot…
- You can also prepare the rice by draining method – In a large pan, boil enough water and cook the rice with salt for about 15 minutes or till done. Drain the water and keep it aside to cool.