1/2 kg mutton
2 medium onions, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 heaped tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 sprigs curry leaves
salt to taste
3 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- Cut mutton into pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add cleaned mutton, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes to this and mix well. Cover the cooker and cook until the mutton is cooked well.
- Once the pressure is released, open the cooker and boil it till you get a thick gravy.
- Heat ghee / coconut oil in a pan and add curry leaves and chopped onions and saute till it turns soft.
- Add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Add 1 tsp chilli powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add mutton with gravy into the pan and cook on medium high flame, stirring, till the masala is well coated with the mutton. Serve hot..
- If you want dry masala, add more ghee/ coconut oil and keep sauteeing until it turns brown and dry..