1 1/2 cups black chickpeas/ kadala
3/4 cup grated coconut
1 small onion, chopped
3 dry red chillies
2 sprig curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Soak kadala/ chickpeas in water for 5-6 hours or overnight and then pressure cook it with a tsp of salt and enough water until soft at medium flame. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and saute.
- Add chopped onion and little salt and saute for a minute.
- Add cooked kadala into this, mix well and cook covered for about 5 minutes at low- medium flame.
- Then add grated coconut and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and transfer to a serving plate…Serve hot…
- You can also add chopped green chillies …