1 cup wheat rava
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup sour yoghurt
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
3 tbsp onion, finely chopped
1 tsp chana dal/ kadalaparippu
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
water, as required
2 tsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds . Add chana dal and urad dal and saute for a minute till it turn to light brown colour.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute well till onion turns soft. Remove it from the flame and keep it aside to cool down for about 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix wheat rava, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the sauteed onion mixture ( step 2), yoghurt, required water, finely chopped green chilli and carrot and mix well into idli batter consistency. Keep it aside for 1 hour..
- Grease the idli moulds with little oil and pour the idli batter in the moulds.
- Place them in the steamer, close with a tight lid and steam cook on medium flame for about 15 minutes or until idlis get cooked well.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool. Then remove the idlis from the moulds using the spoon and serve with sambar and chutney…