1 cup raw rice/ pachari
1 cup cooked rice
1 tsp plain flour / maida
salt to taste
- Soak the raw rice in water for 3-4 hours.
- Grind together the drained rice, cooked rice, egg, plain flour and salt adding enough water to a fine paste. The batter must not be too thick nor too thin.
- Heat the unniyappam pan and add oil in each hole.
- Once oil is hot, reduce the flame to low-medium and pour batter in each hole.
- When one side is cooked and turns golden, turn the muttappam using spoon/ skewer and cook the other side.
- When both sides are cooked and golden, remove from oil and serve it with tea…
Recipe Source: Bennu’s Cookomania