1 kg chicken
6-8 garlic cloves
1 tsp pepper corns
2-3 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Clean and cut the chicken into pieces. Keep it aside.
- Grind together shallots, garlic, pepper corns, turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder and garam masala to a smooth paste adding little water.
- In a thick bottomed pan, add cleaned chicken, ground masala paste and salt and mix well with hand.
- Add thick coconut milk to this and mix well.
- Then switch on the flame and when it starts to boil, cook covered at medium-low flame until chicken is completely cooked.
- Open the pan and saute at low flame until most of the water evaporates and chicken pieces are well coated with the masala.
- Add curry leaves and coconut oil to this and saute well for few more minutes.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with plain rice, ghee rice etc…