2 cups + 7 tbsp maida / plain flour
1 cup water
3/4 cup grated coconut (or as required)
salt to taste
1 tsp sugar
- In a sauce pan, boil water adding salt and sugar.
- Take 2 cups maida in a bowl and add boiling water into this and mix well using a wooden ladle. Allow it to cool completely.
- Then transfer to a small jar of a blender and pulse for once or twice in batches adding 1-2 tbsp of maida ( additional 7 tbsp maida) .
- Take a puttu maker and layer it with 1 tbsp grated coconut first, then the maida flour and then a layer of grated coconut. Repeat the process till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot with kadala curry / banana or any curry of your choice….
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair Vlog