1 heaped cup wheat flour
1 heaped cup plain flour
4 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix wheat flour, plain flour, salt and 2 tsp ghee. Add sufficient water to make a smooth firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal sized balls.
- Roll out each ball into a round shape and smear 1 tsp ghee on one side.
4. Fold one half onto the centre and then fold the other half to the centre, overlapping the first one. Spread / brush ghee on top.
6. Then fold the other open ends to the centre, thus making a square shape.
7. Roll out it into square using a rolling pin. Spread ghee and fold the four corners to the centre. Press it lightly and roll it out little.
8. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry each pathiri in hot oil, keeping the folded side on top.
9. Press gently, pushing the oil to the top as it will help to puff up. Then slowly flip to the other side and fry until golden brown.
10. Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel…Serve hot..