1/2 piece purple cabbage, chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 cup puttu podi / rice flour
salt to taste
- Grind the chopped cabbage into a smooth paste without adding water and keep it aside ( about 1 cup cabbage paste).
- In a bowl, add the puttupodi and salt and mix well. Add the purple cabbage paste little by little and mix well with hand without any lumps till it becomes wet/ moist.
3. Take a puttu maker and layer it with grated coconut first, then the puttupodi and then the grated coconut again. Repeat the process till the puttu maker is filled.
4. Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
5. Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
6. Remove the puttu maker, open the lid and gently push the puttu to a plate using a wooden ladle/ stick that comes along with the puttu maker….. Serve hot….
Recipe from Youtube …