This yummy pudding was prepared by my daughter Safa as part of her school Food Technology class…..
1 cup self-raising flour
80 gm butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
berries, to serve
thick cream, to serve
extra cocoa powder, to serve
2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease an ovenproof baking dish and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add milk, butter and egg and lightly whisk together.
- Sift self-raising flour and 2 tbsp cocoa powder in another large bowl. Add sugar and mix well.
- Then slowly add milk mixture, whisking until well combined and smooth.
- Pour this pudding mix into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
- To prepare the sauce, combine 2 tbsp cocoa powder and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Sprinkle this cocoa powder-sugar mixture over the pudding.
- Slowly pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover pudding.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in centre.
- Sift cocoa powder over the pudding and serve warm with fresh berries and cream.