1 cup plain flour
1 tsp black sesame seeds
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4-1/2 tsp asafoetida
1/4 tsp ajwain seeds
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Peel and chop the beetroot into pieces and then grind to a fine paste adding little water.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, sesame seeds, ajwain seeds, chilli powder. asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Add beetroot paste and knead well to a soft dough. ( Adjust water while kneading).
- Add 1 tbsp oil to this and knead again. Make balls out of this dough and roll each in a floured surface into very thin sheet using a rolling pin.
- Using a knife / pizza cutter, cut diagonally on the rolled dough to make diamond shaped pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them in batches on medium-low flame till crispy.
- Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel.
- Cool down to room temperature and then store in an air tight container. Enjoy as a tea time snack…