1/2 kg prawns
250 gm spinach / palak leaves
2-3 tbsp coriander leaves
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
2-3 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1+ 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp kasuri methi
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 dry red chilli
1 tsp vinegar
1 pinch of sugar
salt to taste
2 tbsp fresh cream
2+2 tbsp oil
- Clean the prawns and marinate it with 1 tsp turmeric powder, vinegar and salt. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add spinach to boiling water and after 2 minutes, remove it from the flame.
- Drain the water and allow it to cool. Then grind it to a smooth paste adding coriander leaves and 2 tsp water. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and shallow fry the prawns until light golden. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp oil and add cumin seeds and dry red chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute well till golden.
- Add ginger paste and chopped garlic and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomato and cook covered till soft.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and mix well. Add 1 tbsp of water and mix well.
- When oil starts appearing, add spinach paste and green chilli and mix well.
- Add sugar to this and mix well and keep cooking until oil separates.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add fried prawns and mix well with the gravy and cook covered for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kasuri methi and mix for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add fresh cream to this and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve hot…