500 gm kovakka/ ivy gourd
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Wash and cut ivy gourd / kovakka into thick rounds.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
3. Then steam cook it for 5 minutes.
4. Spread them on a on a sheet lined with parchment paper and dry them in the sun for 3-4 days until it completely dries up or crisp. Store them in an air-tight container.
5. To fry, heat oil in a pan and add the dried ivy gourd and fry them at medium flame till it puff up.
6. Drain on paper towels and serve with rice as a side dish..