3 cups unripe jackfruit
3/4 cup toor dal / thuvara parippu
1/4 -1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp crushed pepper
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Cut the jackfruit into round pieces and cook it adding turmeric powder and salt in enough water till soft. Keep it aside.
- Grind together grated coconut, cumin seeds and chilli powder to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Wash the dal and cook in a pan adding salt and enough water till cooked.
- Add the ground coconut paste and cooked jackfruit to the cooked dal , mix well and allow to boil. Adjust the salt and remove from the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves and crushed pepper.
- Pour the seasoning to the curry and mix well. Serve hot…