350 gm fish (I used pomfret)
3/4 cup grated coconut
4 shallots, thinly sliced
3/4 tsp ginger, sliced
2 green chillies, slit
2 1/2 -3 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
a pinch of fenugreek powder
1-2 gamboge / kudampuli, torn into pieces
2 sprig curry leaves
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut the fish into pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- Soak the gamboge / kudampuli in little water for 15 minutes.
- Grind grated coconut adding 3-4 tbsp water to a very fine paste.
- In a clay pot / pan , add sliced shallots, ginger, green chillies, few curry leaves, kashmiri chilli powder and fenugreek powder and combine well using your fingers. Add 2-3 tbsp water into this and mix well.
- Then add ground coconut paste and enough water and mix well.
- Add the kudampuli pieces and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add the fish pieces and bring to a boil. Add pepper powder, mix gently and
- Cook covered at medium flame for 8-10 minutes till the fish pieces are completely cooked, swirl the clay pot carefully in between.
- Switch off the flame and pour a tbsp of coconut oil over the curry and add few curry leaves.
- Keep it covered for 10 minutes and then mix gently and serve with rice….
Recipe Source: Yummy o Yummy