10-12 quail eggs / kaada mutta
1 big onion, sliced
1 small piece ginger, chopped
6 garlic cloves, chopped
2 green chillies, slit
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tomato, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
2 shallots, sliced
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 1/2 tbsp oil
- Wash and hard boil the quail eggs in water with 1/4 tsp salt for 10-12 minutes. Then remove the shell and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add sliced onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute well adding little salt till light brown colour.
- Add coriander powder, kashmiri chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add chopped tomato and mix well till soft.
- Add cubed potatoes to this and mix well.
- Add thin coconut milk (2nd extract) and enough salt and cook covered for 1 whistle.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and add garam masala and mix well.
- Add boiled kaada eggs, mix well and cook covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Add thick coconut milk (1st extract) and mix well for a minute. Switch off the flame.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add sliced shallots, dry red chillies and few curry leaves.
- Pour the tempering into the curry and keep covered for 5 minutes. Serve with neer dosa, pathiri, idiyappam etc…