4-5 eggplants / brinjals / vazhuthananga
lemon sized tamarind / 1/4 cup tamarind pulp
3-4 green chillies
salt to taste
2 sprigs curry leaves
3-4 dry red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Soak tamarind in little water and keep it aside.
- Pressure cook the chopped brinjals adding little water for 1 whistle or steam cook till soft.
- In a blender, add shallots, green chillies, cooked brinjals and tamarind paste and blend well to a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves and mix well for few seconds.
- Then add the ground brinjal paste, mix well and boil for a minute. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and serve with rice…