1/2 cup cherupayar parippu / split moong dal
4 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 litre cold milk
1 tsp rose water
chopped nuts (cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios etc)
- Add cherupayar parippu in a pan and dry roast it till raw smell disappears. Then wash it and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add washed cherupayar parippu and 2 cups of water and cook for 1 whistle. Then reduce the flame to low and cook for 4 whistles.
- Remove from the flame and when pressure releases, open the cooker and mash it well with a ladle.
- Add sugar to this and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Add condensed milk and mix well. Then add cold milk and mix well.
- Add rose water and mix well.
- Transfer it to a large serving bowl and keep it in the fridge to cool.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and serve chilled….
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair (YouTube)