250 gm boneless chicken pieces
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
3 onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp curry leaves, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Cook the chicken with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, salt and enough water. Then shred / mince the chicken and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion and curry leaves and saute well until it turns soft..
- Add green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and salt and saute well.
- Add shredded chicken into this and mix well.
- Add 1/2 tsp pepper powder, chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- In a bowl add plain flour, wheat flour and salt and mix well. Add water little by little and knead well to make a smooth and soft dough.
- Make small balls out of the kneaded dough and roll each ball on floured surface as shown below..
9. Place masala on both sides..
10. Fold in half and press side and centre. Then cut using pastry cutter as shown below..
11. Heat oil in a pan and fry the irachi pathal in batches on medium flame till both sides turn golden brown.
12. Remove them from the oil and drain them on a paper towel. Serve hot with tea / coffee….