1 cup leftover cooked rice / choru
1 green chilli, chopped
1/4 tsp asafoetida
salt to taste
1 tsp black sesame seeds
a pinch of cumin seeds
oil for frying
- In a blender, add cooked rice, chopped green chilli, asafoetida and salt and grind well till smooth without adding water.
- Transfer to a bowl and add sesame seeds and cumin seeds and mix well.
- Take a murukku press / mould , use the star shaped disc and fill it with the rice mixture.
- Then press it on a sheet lined with parchment paper / kitchen towel as lines.
- Dry them in the sun for 2-3 days or until crisp. Store in an air tight container.
- To fry, heat oil in a pan and deep fry them at medium flame till it puffs up completely and crisp.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve with lunch or as a snack.