1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup yogurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp coffee powder
1-2 tsp hot milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a baking pan with butter / baking spray or line with baking paper.
- Sift together plain flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, oil, yogurt and vanilla essence and whisk well till smooth.
- Add the sifted flour and mix well together adding milk in batches till smooth batter.
- Divide the prepared batter in two bowls.
- In a small bowl, add coffee powder and hot milk and mix well. Add this to one bowl of batter and mix well.
- Pour / spoon 2 tbsp of vanilla (plain) batter into the centre of the prepared baking pan, allowing it to spread.
- Then add 2 tbsp of coffee batter into the centre of the vanilla batter and allow to spread.
- Continue adding 2 tbsp of both the batters alternatively until all the batter has been used.
- Tap the baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, until the cake is cooked and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.