1/2 cup broken red rice / matta rice (podiyari / podi ari)
1 cup muringayila / drumstick leaves
1 cup grated coconut
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker, add washed broken rice and pressure cook it adding enough hot water.
- Grind grated coconut, cumin seeds, shallots and turmeric powder together adding little water. Then extract its milk and keep it aside.
- Open the cooker when pressure releases and add the extracted milk and salt and mix well.
- Add cleaned drumstick leaves to this and boil well on medium low heat, stirring in between.
- Check for salt and if the kanji is too thick, add little more hot water and mix well. Remove from flame and serve hot….