1/2 kg beef pieces
1 big onion, sliced
5 green chillies, chopped
small piece ginger, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 capsicum, chopped
3-3 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp + 1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp spring onions, chopped
salt to taste
oil, as required
- In a pressure cooker, add cleaned beef pieces, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, vinegar and salt and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to this and cook for 1 whistle at high flame. Then cook at low flame for 3-5 whistles till cooked . Don’t overcook.
- When the pressure releases, open the cooker and remove the beef pieces and keep the stock aside.
- In a bowl, add the cooked beef, 2 tsp cornflour, 1-1 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder and little salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated beef in batches at high flame for 1 minute. Then turn over and fry for 2-3 minutes and keep it aside.
- In another thick bottomed pan, heat 2-3 tbsp oil ( same oil used for frying beef ) and add chopped garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Add green chillies and saute well.
- Add sliced onion and saute well for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add chopped capsicum and mix well.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce, 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and mix well.
- Add half of the beef stock and boil well. Now add the fried beef to this and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp cornflour to the remaining beef stock and mix well. Add this to the pan and bring to a boil. Adjust the salt.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and remove from flame…Serve hot…