200 gm dried white peas
4 hardboiled eggs, cut each into two pieces
1 onion, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp pepper powder
3-4 tbsp thick coconut milk
salt to taste
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
oil, as required
- Wash and soak dried white peas in water for 6-7 hours or overnight and pressure cook it adding enough water and salt and keep it aside.
- Heat 1-1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped onion, green chillies, tomato and ginger-garlic paste and saute well adding little salt till transparent.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool and then grind to a smooth paste.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp oil and turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and pepper powder and mix well.
- Now switch on the flame and add ground paste and little water (pour about 1/4 cup water in the mixie used for grinding masala, rinse it and add this) and mix well.
- Add cooked white peas and mix well. Adjust the water and salt.
- When it boils, add eggs and mix gently.
- Add thick coconut milk into this and mix. Add chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.