1/2 kg squid/ koonthal, cut into pieces
22-25 shallots, sliced
3 green chillies, slit
6 big garlic cloves, crushed
1″ piece ginger, crushed
1 tomato, chopped
4 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp crushed pepper
1/4 tsp garam masala
2 sprigs curry leaves
salt to taste
4-5 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut and clean the squid and pressure cook it with 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder and salt for 1 whistle.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced shallots and green chillies and saute well adding little salt.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and curry leaves and saute well till golden brown.
- Add chopped tomato and saute well till soft.
- Add 2-3 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, crushed pepper, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Add cooked squid, mix well and cook covered at medium flame till well coated with masala.
- Open the lid and mix well till the water dries. Switch off the flame and serve hot..