2 cup + 2 tbsp plain flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
170 gm unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
120 gm dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a loaf pan with butter or spray with cooking spray and keep it aside.
- Sift together plain flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Chop the chocolate and melt in microwave for 40 second and stir until chocolate is fully melted. (Can also use double boiler to melt the chocolate). Keep it aside to cool a bit.
- In a large mixing bowl or in the bowl of electric mixer, add the butter and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add caster sugar and beat on medium- high speed for about 5 minutes until creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one and beat for about 1 minute after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence and beat until it has been incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 parts and milk in 2 parts, alternating both, starting and ending with flour mixture.
- Transfer half of the batter to another bowl. Add the melted and cooled chocolate into one half of the batter and fold it using spatula until completely mixed. Do not over mix.
- Then spoon the two batters alternately into the greased loaf pan.
- Tap the pan few times to get rid off air bubbles. Using a skewer/ toothpick do a zigzag movement along the pan just 4-6 times.
- Bake for about 55-65 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf in the pan on a rack for about 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely. Cut into slices and serve…