1 1/2 cup gobi / cauliflower florets
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup + 1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
3 tbsp spring onion, chopped
2 onions, cubed
1 capsicum, cubed
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp red chilli sauce
1/2 tbsp green chilli sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp sugar
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Boil water in a pan and add cauliflower florets, little salt and a pinch of turmeric powder and boil for 2 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, cornflour, ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder, salt and mix well.
- Add water as required and mix well to a batter.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in this batter and deep fry them in the hot oil on medium flame till golden colour. Remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add chopped garlic, green chilli, ginger and 2 tbsp spring onion and saute well.
- Add onion and saute till light golden brown. Add cubed capsicum and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, red chilli sauce, green chilli sauce, soy sauce, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp water and mix well.
- Add fried cauliflower and mix well for 2-3 minutes till sauce is well coated with cauliflower.
- Remove from the flame and garnish with chopped 1 tbsp spring onions and serve…